Clontarf Lawn Tennis Club was founded in 1887 as one court in a field, to the rere of No.45 St.Lawrences Road, at a time when Clontarf was it's own Borough and it's Town Hall was on the site of Old St.Anthony's Church. After a short time one court wasn't enough, and by 1893 there was a pavilion and 7 grass courts laid out on leased land off Oulton Road.
Unfortunately in June 1982 the clubhouse was burnt down, yet by December 1984 the club opened a new rebuilt main clubhouse. The club celebrated it's centenary in 1987, and 20 years later, a re-developed clubhouse was opened on 27th September 2007. In 2012, CLTC celebrates it 125th Anniversary. We are proud to launch the next era of Clontarf Lawn Tennis Club!