History

Clontarf Lawn Tennis Club was founded in 1887 as one court in a field, to the rear of No. 45 St.Lawrence’s Road, at a time when Clontarf was it’s own borough and it’s Town Hall was on the site of Old St. Anthony’s Church. After a short time one court just wasn’t enough, and by 1893 there was a pavilion and 7 grass courts laid out on leased land off Oulton Road.

about

Unfortunately, in June 1982 the clubhouse was burnt down, yet by December 1984 the club opened a new rebuilt main clubhouse. The club celebrated it’s centenary in 1987, and 20 years later, a re-developed clubhouse, the current building was opened on 27th September 2007.

In 2017 CLTC celebrated its 130th Anniversary.

The club has 11 artificial grass savannah courts, all of which are floodlit. The club is extremely proud of it’s clubhouse which has excellent bar and function room facilities.

All tennis courts can be viewed from the clubhouse and balcony area, providing a wonderful atmosphere for club events.

The club caters for all standards of tennis players – we have teams in all standards of the D.L.T.C leagues. There is also a very active tennis calendar which looks after those members who are more interested in social and recreational tennis. Coaching is also available for all members, juniors and seniors.

The club also offers access to a fully equipped 11 station Gym as part of club membership , which was opened in 2016. Individual and Group Personal Trainer sessions also available at very competitive rates.

The club also has Yoga|Pilates|Exercise room , and a timetable of 10 classes per week, with ~10 attendees per class, also at very competitive rates.

The club also has a busy Bridge Club meeting every Tuesday night.

The club is an ideal location for members to hold birthday parties, private functions or other social events..including several Wedding Receptions recently,