CLTC Update Phase 2
Junior Coaching commencing 8th June 2020
In order to prepare for Phase 2, Tennis Ireland made a submission to the newly formed Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport Expert Group which is made up of officials from the Department, Sport Ireland, representatives from the sporting sector and medical expertise.
This Expert Group was established to provide guidance to Ireland’s sporting bodies to prepare for the phased return to sporting activity.
In the submission, the key amendment Tennis Ireland requested from the Phase 1 protocols was that Doubles play would be allowed in Phase 2. Unfortunately the Expert Group have insisted that play remains as per Phase 1, namely, singles only, the exception being for doubles partners from the same household. We like other clubs and provisional bodies had lobbied for Doubles to be allowed for Phase 2 and are therefore are very disappointed with this outcome, but we have no choice but to follow their recommendation.
There will be a couple of changes to how we ran Phase 1 and we will update our Phase 2 Player Guidelines and circulate them tomorrow.
A 4 week Junior Coaching Term will commence this Monday 8th Junior and is now available to book via your Smart Club Cloud https://www.smartclubcloud.com/
Please note the following:
- Booking this coaching is open to current members and the system will only enable paid up 2020 members to register and pay for this coaching.
- Places are limited, so booking ASAP is essential to secure a place.
- There are a handful of juniors that are due catch up classes from Term 1 and these will be dealt with by the coaches in September.
- To enable this coaching to run, strict protocols will be in place for arriving at the club, during the coaching and leaving the club.
- Before you log on to register, a junior must not register and stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms.
- Are in a high-risk health category check with your GP prior to playing.
- Are not able to comply with CLTC’s following guidelines for Attending the Club, Social Distancing and Behaviours (https://clontarfltc.com/how-phase-1-return-to-play-will-operate-at-cltc-2/)