CLTC Phase 2 Player Guidelines
Next Monday 8th June sees the start of Phsse 2 Return to Tennis. As per our email yesterday, CLTC are disappointed that the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport Expert Group have insisted with the no Doubles play for Phase 2, with the exception of those in the same household. We understand there is considerable frustration among members at the non return of Doubles in Phase 2. It seems the entire tennis community nationally shares a similar frustration. It is difficult to understand the rationale. As a club we have lobbied Tennis Ireland intensely over the past two weeks and to be fair I believe Tennis Ireland have also supported the return of Doubles. In its wisdom this Expert Group have decided that it is not safe to allow the return of Doubles. Be assured we will continue to push its return, but in the meantime we urge members to continue to abide by our NGB guidance. Obvious divergence from current guidance will be awkward for our Volunteer COVID Marshalls and potentially put your Executive Committee in a very difficult position.
Almost all of the Player Guidelines in Phase 1 apply to Phase 2 with the most important message still being to maintain good hygiene, hand washing and social distancing.
Phase 2 Player Guidelines can be viewed in the following link and you are kindly asked to please read them.
Just a couple of changes to note:
• The Check-In Desk will move in to the Clubhouse Lobby (where it was originally).
• 2m distance markings will run from the Check-In Desk out the Main Door and along the Clubhouse to the Junior Room in the event that members need to queue to book a court.
• There will be a One-Way System into the Clubhouse Lobby:
o IN through Main Front Door from the Car Park and
o OUT via Court Side Door (and proceed left)
• One player should Check-In for a court and give the COVID Marshall the names and membership numbers of those playing. The other player(s) should wait in their car or in the Car Park adhering to the 2m distance. The area behind Court 4 will be made free from parking during Phase 2 to enable those that may need to wait for a court.
• Courts can be booked
o Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 22:00 (with floodlights available until 23:00). The Clubhouse will be locked at 22:00.
o Saturdays and Sundays from 09:00 and courts close at 21:00. The Clubhouse will be locked at 21:00.
• Toilets will be available but would ask members to restrict using where possible!
• Please remember to continue to ring the COVID Marshall mobile no. 087 1782806 ahead to see if courts are busy.
• Restricted junior coaching will recommence this Monday 8th June for the next 4 weeks and the Website Calendar has been updated with the times.
Enjoy your continued return to tennis !