We are happy to advise that Tennis Ireland has just announced that doubles can commence in Phase 3 (from Monday 29th June). A full update and guidelines for Phase 3 will be emailed to members tomorrow.
We will therefore be running a Senior Tennis event on 3/4th July. There will be two Club Nights on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th July at 7pm with tennis, food by Kinara and two drinks costing €25 per person. Registration will open at 12 midday on Friday 26th June (tomorrow) on Tournament Software CLTC Club Nights . Numbers will be limited to 44 people per night unfortunately.
Although it is a significant step in the right direction, it’s a long way from being just like old times just yet. Because of that there will be a number of limitations on how we can run things and a lot more rules than normal unfortunately. Please read these below before signing up:
- You must not enter the Club Nights or stay at home if you:
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been Overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms.
- Are in a high-risk health category – check with your GP prior to playing.
- Are not able to comply with CLTC’s Player Guidelines for Attending the Club, Social Distancing and Behaviours.
- Numbers are limited to 88 players in two sessions – one on Friday 7pm and the second on Saturday at
- Each session will consist of 2 x 40 mins of timed tennis. Where numbers allow, we plan to give each player one game of level doubles and one of mixed similar to a regular club night. While a doubles and mixed doubles cannot be guaranteed, you are guaranteed 2 games of 40 min duration.
- Partners and courts for each session will be pre-assigned and court allocation will be shared with players prior to the event.
- When signing up players can choose the Friday/Saturday slots.
- Based on space in the bar area numbers will be capped at 44 per session.
- Unfortunately, due to social distancing the bar/food part of this event will only be open to those members that have played tennis and pre booked via Tournament Software.
- Start times will be slightly staggered to allow social distancing when tennis has completed, and players are collecting food and going inside.
- After tennis there will be food from Kinara for each player which must be eaten at a table in the bar.
- The bar area will be set up to allow social distancing and all chairs must be left at the table they are allocated too. It does take away from the social aspect but based on current guidelines this is what we have to do.
- This will be a pre-paid event – Tennis, Kinara and 2 drinks vouchers will cost €25. Sign up will be on Tournament Software and priority will be given to those who have fully paid. Should you have issues with processing your payment on Tournament Software please contact the Office as priority will be given to those who have paid. This link – CLTC Club Nights – will open at midday on Fri 26th June.
- Any other drinks purchased must be bought using Smart Card/Credit Card as this will be a cash free event. The bar will close at 11pm on both nights.
- Drinks available will be non-alcoholic beer, soft drinks, Guinness, Heineken, Coors Light and Red/White wine.
- There will be limited parking so we would ask that players walk/cycle where possible.
- Should the guidelines change or need to be amended, we will update our regulations in advance of the event.
We appreciate it is a lot of rules but we hope you understand this is how things have to be at this point in time based on current guidelines and we really hope that you will join us regardless of the limitations.
CLTC 2020 Tennis Committee